Friday, January 2, 2009

Joining the Siestas

Don't you hate it when there are 5,000 other things you should be doing and you sit here typing distracted thoughts into a computer?

2009 brings some big changes for my family--actually they're not revolutionary challenges, just some paradigm shifts. These shifts need to begin with me. Some of the things bouncing around in my brain...
--if I don't have to work, should I?
--what is my place, my purpose?
--what are the things God wants me to do for Him this year?
--why am I always so cranky? :)

I have been thinking about the verse for the first part of the Siesta Scripture memory. Initially, the verse bouncing around in my head focused on contentment:

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with such things as you have, because God has said—Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

But today, I have seen the same verse in two different readings. I think will be a seconday verse I'll focus on: Romans 12:2 "Don't be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God."

Both of these are verses that I have memorized over the years, but I want to heart-memorize them, not just head-memorize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment